Little Box Brownie: Passion Fruit Tart

Passion Fruit Tart




 

Happy New Year! I hope your year has begun wonderfully. At the beginning of each New Year I take a look at my Yearly Horoscope, just to see what destiny has install for me. Last year was meant to be my year, the year of the Virgo, everything was suppose to happen last year. When I look back at it, it wasn't, in fact the start of the year began very poorly indeed. I had to put loyal and dear friend of 18 years to sleep, my beloved Miss Kitty. Then I had a car accident and crashed my car into another car, my first car accident ever. I have been driving for 10 years, so really it didn't begin well at all. Then the rest of the year was pretty ordinary. So I am quite sure the astrologists got it really wrong. This year again they speak of another wonderful year, though not so marvelous as last.
 So this brings me to the question, do you believe in destiny? Do you really believe that there is some laid out plan for each and everyone of us? or Do you think we make our own path in life? The world is such and amazing and complex place and that's just the world, what about the universe. Each and everyone of us are only a speck of dust on the timeline of the world. Really we are not that significant in the big scheme of things. Are we just dropped here to paved our own yellow brick road or do we merely follow it?


In this next recipe the passion fruit was  mean't for a pavlova, however destiny had other ideas and they ended up in a passion fruit tart.






Passion Fruit Tart

Pastry
150g butter
1 2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg

Filling
4 passion fruits
3/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
300ml thickened cream

Cube the butter then place in a food processor with the flour and sugar, pulse until it resembles find breadcrumbs. Then add the egg and pulse until a dough forms. Remove and press the mixture into a 35x13 cm tart tin and place refrigerator for an hour.

Pre heat the oven to 160C

Blind bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven.

To make the filling place the passion fruit pulp, sugar, eggs and cream into a bowl and beat to combine, pour the mixture into the tart case and place back in the oven for 40 minutes or until cooked

Serve with some whipped cream and passion fruit pulp