Little Box Brownie: Oreo Brownies

Oreo Brownies


Look at this little baby, this cute Little Box Brownie was kindly given to me from my Dads next door neighbour, this Brownie would have to be one of the cutest I have seen.
For those of you that don't know, the Brownie was produce by Eastman Kodak in the 1900's, the camera made photography accessible to the millions, before the Brownie photography was expensive and this little camera brought about the accessibility that we have today. People where able to have there own camera and capture their own family moments, it really revolutionised photography.
 I have a couple Brownie Cameras in storage, well they really belong to my brother. But the do say possession in nine tenths the law, and he hasn't had them for about 15 years so surly there mine? Well I haven't been able to locate there exact position so when this was kindly donated to me I of course had to shoot it with some delicious Chocolate Brownies. So finally I have be able to pair the two reasons this blog is called Little Box Brownie, Brownie the Camera and Brownie the Sweets, combining my two loves both photography and baking into one name.



I have a confession to make this is the very first time I have tried the famous Oreos and I am not to sure what all the fuss is about ? Could someone explain? On there own there pretty ordinary. But put them in a Chocolate Brownie mixed with all that chocolate they're great, or maybe its just the Brownie thats great. These cookies give the Brownies a nice texture and give it a little crunch in places which make for a very memorable Brownie. This recipe is sweet and moist and very moorish and soon disappears. But really aren't all Brownies the bomb?








Oreo Brownies

375g dark chocolate
200g butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup almond meal
4 eggs
2/3 cup plain flour
1 tablespoon dutch cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
150g oreo's

Pre heat the oven to 150C

Place the chocolate and butter into a double boiler and heat until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients combined. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and almond meal. Then beat in the eggs one at a time until they are all incorporated.
Sift in the flour, cocoa and baking powder then stir through. Pour in the vanilla essence. 
Chop the packet of Oreo's into quarters then pour into the mixture and stir until combined.
Pour the mixture into a lined 20x30cm brownie tin and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked.
Cool on a wire rack and cut when cooled.