Little Box Brownie: Prune Brownies

Prune Brownies



Deck the halls with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la, la la la la. It's the season to be jolly. I hope your all getting your Christmas hats on, and starting some of that good old Christmas Baking. After all what would Christmas be without a baked good, or two, mmm, or three, or four? Well it just wouldn't be Christmas now would it? No most certainly not. 

I kicked off my Christmas Baking with my Christmas pudding, which from what I'm told should be baked on the last Sunday in November, and thats exactly when I baked it. If I do say so myself it looks pretty dam divine. It's sitting in the back of my pantry infusing with flavour and lugs of good old Christmas brandy. Just waiting for Christmas day. I love the traditions of Christmas.

This time, I have brought you another not so traditional Chrissy baked good, but what else would do but a sweet tempting little morsel of a brownie? Not any sort of brownie, a special prune brownie soaked in almond alcohol, is so soft and moist and just oozes Christmas tidings. I would sum it up as a Christmas cake brownie, mmm that sums it up nicely. 

This recipe is perfect for gift giving this season, if you want to make something homemade to give to friends and loved ones, this is it, or if you just need to take a plate to a party, who's going to resist a brownie that screams Christmas.

So if this brownie is screaming to you, you better jot the recipe down quick smart and get to it.

Happy Baking xxx 






Prune Brownie soaked in Almond liqueur

20 prunes, stones removed
1 cup almond liqueur
375 g dark chocolate
300g butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs

Place the prunes and liqueur into a saucepan and heat until the mixture starts to simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside.

Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients combined. Remove from the heat the stir through the sugar.
Sift the flour and cocoa powder together and then stir to combine, add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition. 
Add the prunes and combine. Pour into a 20x30cm brownie tin and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked. Cool on a wire rack then cut when cooled.