Little Box Brownie: Super Yummy Raspberry Tart

Super Yummy Raspberry Tart



Let me introduce you to the newest member of the Little Box Brownie Family, My newest Toy, the most exciting purchase ever, the cuties thing you ever did see.............. Drum roll please..........




My little 1950's bondwood caravan. Isn't she a dream? Granted she needs a lot of work, but isn't she cute?

I told you a few months ago about my mid life crisis and how I was looking for a little caravan well I found her just a couple of k's down the road, there she stood in the middle of a huge paddock, with daises spring up around her. I didn't even look inside her as the owner couldn't find the key but she was just what I was looking for so I told him I would take her. Well he looked at me like are your serious, your going to take her? Yep I'll take her! He asked me quite a few times if I wanted to think about it, nope I said I'll take her.
You realise she needs a lot of work he asked, and you don't want to look inside?, yep thats fine I'll take her. So I gave him a deposit and said I would be back. I was going to have to get new tyres for her before I could drive her as hers tyres where flat and cracked. So the lovely gentleman I brought her off said he would get some and change them for me.
In order to thank him for changing the tyres for me and selling me his awesome caravan, I baked him and his wife this little tart. Nothing is better than home baked goodness, well not in my book there isn't.

I haven't thought of a name for her yet any ideas?
My list so far is...








Raspberry Tart

Pastry
125g butter
1 3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup almond meal
1 egg


Filling

75g butter
1 Tablespoon flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 egg
1 cup raspberries 


To make the base, place the butter, flour, sugar and almond meal into a food processor, and process until fine breadcrumbs form. Then add the egg and pulse a few times until a dough forms.
Roll out and place in a lined 12x35cm tray, place in the fridge for 30minutes.
Pre heat the oven to 160C
Blind bake the tart case for 10 minutes then remove the beans and bake for another 10minutes or until golden.

To make the filling,place the butter into a saucepan and heat until the butter melts and starts to foam, remove from the heat and set aside.
Place the flour, sugar and egg into a bowl, using and electric beater, whisk until light and fluffy. Slowly pour in the butter while whisking until it is all incorporated. 
Place the raspberries into the tart case and pour over the mixture. 
Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. or until golden