Little Box Brownie: The easiest fruit loaf you will ever make

The easiest fruit loaf you will ever make




My Mum doesn't bake very much, well not at all really, but this loaf she has been making it quite a lot lately. She has been changing the recipe each time she makes it, she has made fig ones and cranberry ones, this one though was my favourite apricot and prune. The recipe hails from good old New Zealand and is from G, a lady who for all my life has always been there for me. Its her 1 cup loaf, she puts in one cup of everything, its pretty healthy, well its probably the healthiest baked good to make it to this blog. My mum took out some of the sugar which I think made it even better for the apricot and prune one as the fruit are very sweet themselves. I hope you enjoy, I'm pretty sure you will.





One cup wonder Fruit Loaf

1 cup oat bran
1 cup of raw sugar (you can reduce this to 1/2 cup depending on the fruit you use)
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup of dried fruit (anything you like)
1 cup milk

Pre heat a oven to 170C

Mix the dry ingredients together and add the milk, the mixture will seem very wet but this is normal. 
Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until cooked. Test with by inserting a skewer into the centre of the loaf, if it comes away clean the its cooked. Cool on a wire rack.