Little Box Brownie: The Biggest Baddest Chocolate Cake Ever

The Biggest Baddest Chocolate Cake Ever




Ok so this past week I have been pretty quiet on the blogging front, the truth be told I have been living in denial, you see last week, last saturday to be precise I turned the big Three Zero. My plan was to let my thirtieth birthday slip away quietly, I had planed on a quite night with a bottle of wine and some take out. That however was very far from what was about to happen. You see little did I know my sister had planed a surprise birthday party for me. She must have spent days planning it, she had made and assortment of cupcakes, biscuits and cakes. She said she wasn't letting me hideout that my thirties had to be celebrated with a bang. So thank you to all the wonderful people that came and helped me see out my twenties and celebrate the beginning of my thirties.

I had always thought that 30 year olds had there life's together, but now that I have hit this milestone I can say its not the case, well certainly not for me. I don't feel like I'm 30 I don't feel like I have it altogether yet, I need more time!! My brother gave me some good advice, he said you can't go backwards so you better enjoy what you have and embrace life, embrace your thirties and do what you want to do. So for the next decade I plan on doing just that embracing my thirties. And what better way to start than with the biggest baddest chocolate cake ever, made by my Mum who doesn't bake, just for me, well maybe not just for me I promise to share some.  












Chocolate Mud Cake

250g butter
250g dark chocolate
185ml hot instant coffee
550g white sugar
150g self-raising flour
150g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
1/2teaspoon baking soda
4 eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 
125ml milk

Frosting

200g butter
300g sour cream
3 cups dark chocolate
4 cups icing sugar
3 tablespoons brandy

Pre heat the oven to 140C

Place the butter, chocolate, coffee and sugar into a saucepan and heat on a medium temperature until the chocolate and butter have melted, set aside.

Sift the flours, cocoa and baking soda into a bowl, and make a well in the centre. Combine the eggs oil and milk and pour into the flour mixture and stir to combine.
Pour in the chocolate mixture and stir through, then pour into three lines 23cm cake tins. Bake for 1 hour and 30minutes or until cooked, test with a skewer.



To make the icing, combine the butter and sour cream together with an electric mixer. 
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave and then pour into the butter mixture white still beating. Sift the icing sugar in and fold through, pour in the brandy and combine.
Ice the cake when cooled